A forum where you can discuss all the happenings in pixie hollow. Post roleplays and stories and bring your pixie dust.

The Sorceress

Lauren
    Admin
    Admin

The Sorceress

Post by Lauren on Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:35 pm

Listen, I never wanted to be this way. A Sorceress, I mean.
    But I guess I should explain.
    I’m Sammy Loredan. Only Officials call me Samantha. Just a year ago, I was just your typical, 13 year old girl.
    But not anymore. Ever since that accident, I don’t even know what I am. Not really.
    It all started just over a year ago, during the last week of school. The first hints of trouble came on review day.
    “Did you hear?” My friend Lauri, said. “There was an oil spill in the ocean!” Information like this was important in my town. We lived right off of the water in Alaska.
    “I hate those oil companies. They never care. Never,” I grumbled. I never did have the most cheery attitude.
    “Well, don’t say that. You never know.” Lauri always tried to see the best in things. I did for a while. Then I decided it was all a load of crap, so I stopped.
    “You know how much that landscape means to me, Lauri. I can’t stand to watch it die.” It was true, I couldn’t. Everything was so beautiful there. The icy cold ocean that was the deepest of blues washed up on the rocky shoreline that faded into trees. Everything was so breathtaking. And I didn’t want anyone to take that away from me.
    “Yes, I do. But I heard people say it was small. Maybe they’ll clean it up before it reaches shore?” Lauri said doubtfully.
    “Whatever.”
    “Goth,” The girl sitting next to me muttered. Everyone at school thought I was gothic, but I wasn’t. My naturally black hair was so dark it was practically blue, but I didn’t help matters by inserting shimmering strands of blue and green throughout it. I thought it looked cool. Nobody else did, though. It was cut severely at my chin. My skin was, so I say, unique. I guess it was supposed to be a smooth, Arabian caramel, but from living my entire life in ‘no sun land,’ it was a pale, creamy mocha color. My blue-green eyes didn’t even have a ring of black make-up around them. Nor did I where unusually large amounts of black. I have no idea where people get ‘Goth’ from. Maybe it’s my attitude. That would explain it.
    After school that day, I walked to the shoreline. Even from there, I could see the shining black glop a mile away. It disgusted me. I picked up one of the pebbles beneath me and threw it at the oil. It fell way short, but it was so therapeutic.
    For a short while, I threw more and more. As I was about to throw the last one, somebody grabbed my arm.
    “What are you doing?” I growled. The dainty grip was familiar. It was Lauri.
    She said nothing.
    “Let go of my arm.” The words came out low and feral. I could easily free my arm from her grasp and leave her wheezing on the ground. But she was my friend.
    “Let. Go.” I gave my arm a sharp tug and twist and she quickly let go.
    “Sam, are you alright?” You could tell she was worried about me, but I honestly didn’t care. I wanted to be alone.
    “Just go. I want to be alone.” With hurt in her eyes she walked away.
    ~

This is the very first intro part of my story, The Sorceress. As you can tell, it is not PH related. On here, your stories do not all have to be PH related, as long as they follow site rules. (not too much lovey-dovey stuff, no bad violence, yada yada.) I hope you guys like it! I hope to add to it in the future!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Autumn
    Admin
    Admin

Re: The Sorceress

Post by Autumn on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:54 pm

Bravo bravo! I LOVE it!
    Lauren
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Lauren on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:21 pm

Thank you so much! Here's a new short little section; I just love cliff hangers!

The next day I was back again, throwing rocks. The mass of black liquid in the water was growing, crepping towards the shoreline. Lauri had tried talking to me at school, but I didn’t say anything to her. I was mad, and talking to somebody wouldn’t help. The only thing that relaxes me is something physical. Like throwing rocks.
    But this time, the rocks fell closer to the oil, and it wasn’t because my aim was getting better. I couldn’t help but wonder why they had such a large oil rig right near the shore. The oil was spreading so quickly. I shuddered at the thought of the goo touching my shore.

It was a couple weeks after finals that the spill was finally cleaned up. I kept coming every day to the shore, though. I found that it was one of the few places where I could think and relax. For a while I walked along the shore that gradually rose into a cliff hanging over the water. Light was fading, and I was about to head back.

Snap.

The loud noise startled me, and I whirled around, stepping back. But I stepped back onto nothing. The air whistled and I couldn’t find my breath as a pummeled down into the frigid water. My clothes lay heavy on my body, and it was hard to think. Water had found its way into my mouth, and I was choking on it. No matter how hard I kicked, it felt like I wasn’t moving.

A dark blob caught my attention, and then I blacked out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Autumn
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Autumn on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:36 pm

Awesome! I'm posting a story that Im writing soon Smile
    Twilight

Post by Twilight on Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:54 pm

You are a very talented writer, can't wait to find out what happens next.
    Autumn
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Autumn on Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:53 pm

Isn't it great! Im on edge waiting for the next chapter!
    ~Carrot~

Post by ~Carrot~ on Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:08 am

wow woot ur amazing talent

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:41 pm